Thomas Consulting have provided Civil and Structural Engineering Services to the Nuclear Industry for over 21 years. We have provided services in connection with 25 Statutory Reactor Outages across the EDF Energy Fleet. Work carried out includes the inspection and reporting upon the condition of existing structures including sea defence walls and marine structures such as piers and jetties.
Services have been provided for EDf Energy at Heysham, Sizewell, Torness and Hartlepool Power Stations, for Magnox at Wylfa and Hunterston A Power Stations for Magnox and we have also conducted work for Westinghouse and other Nuclear clients. We have completed a number of high QA Grade projects involving Seismic Qualification of new and existing structures involving complex 3D dynamic modelling using Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Our staff includes Chartered Engineers who are security vetted/ counter terrorist checked (CTC), DBS checked and site inducted to work in Nuclear Installations.
NUCLEAR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Seismic Analysis of existing structures
- Seismic Analysis and design of new build structures
- 3D Finite Element Dynamic Analysis of structures
- Interpretation of Response Spectra Information
- Steel Beam Assessments in accordance with LOLER
- Cover Surveys of Existing Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Detailed setting out and level surveys
- Survey and condition reports of existing structures
- Asset Management Surveys of existing structures
- Assessment of cylinders using FEA analysis
- Design of trailer modification and or lifting equipment for the transportation of Nuclear Waste
- Tie down strategies for Nuclear packages being moved by air, land, road or sea.
Grey Steel Beam Assessments undertaken under LOLER