Industrial / Commercial
Thomas Consulting have extensive experience in the design of large span industrial buildings and structures. By utilising modern 3D analytical software tools, we provide Eurocode compliant cost-effective solutions using efficient portal frame designs and other forms of large span roof structures. We also have extensive design knowledge of substructures and ground slabs for tolerance critical installations such as high bay racking or heavily loaded machine foundations and bases. We also undertake assessments of existing industrial buildings that need upgrading, adaption or modifying for change of use or increased loading.
INDUSTRIAL / COMMERCIAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Large span roofs using steel portal frames, latticed trusses and other structural forms.
- Crane runway beam and supporting lattice column designs
- Support structures for heavy mechanical installations including assessments for fatigue and vibration.
- Deep foundations, concrete sub-structures and retaining walls
- Slab and sub-structure design for high bay racking
- Complex Finite Element Analysis and design including fatigue and component analysis.
- Structural capacity assessment of existing structures for modification or adaption for higher loading.
DESIGNED & completed
by Thomas Consulting
in the UK aLONE