The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM 2015) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. The regulations apply to all building and construction works including new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
Thomas Consulting has the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the roles of Designers and Principal Designer (PD) under the CDM Regulations 2015.
We will work with both commercial and domestic clients to make sure that they are aware of their duties under CDM and will coordinate and communicate with the clients’ design team to eliminate, reduce and control risks through the design process. Due cognisance is taken of all stages of the project from inception, construction, use and maintenance through to demolition.
As PD Thomas Consulting will carry out the following:
- Plan, manage and monitor the health and safety of the project during the pre-construction phase
- Assess the client’s pre-construction information, providing advice and assistance to successfully compile.
- Identify and eliminate risks associated with design elements. Reduce and control any foreseeable risk.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with the project team and other design consultants.
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor (PC) for the duration of the project. As Principal Designer we will provide the necessary pre-construction information covering the planning, management, monitoring and co-ordination of the construction phase, ensuring that the PC has the information required to prepare a construction phase plan.
- Work with Domestic Clients: Working with Domestic Clients is not different to working for a Commercial Client. There is only one exception, which is that Domestic Clients can relinquish their client duties with written agreement between the client and Thomas Consulting, the PD. We can then fulfil the client duties.
- If appointed to do so Thomas Consulting will compile, review, update and revise the projects’ Health and Safety file as the project progresses. Upon completion we will pass the Health & Safety file to the client to retain.