We are looking for competent and experienced Structural and Infrastructure Engineering Technicians. You must be strongly motivated, relishing the challenge of a demanding workload.
About the position
You will be responsible for providing professional support to our design engineers. Attention to detail in all work areas is essential and strong CAD skills are a necessity. Candidates must be able to demonstrate good fundamental knowledge and understanding of the application of principles of structural and/or infrastructure engineering design.
About the candidate we are seeking
Candidates we are seeking must have at least 5 years experience within a civil and structural engineering consultancy and qualified to HND level. Technician level membership of an appropriate professional institution would be considered an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or Infrastructure design software
- Must have at least 5 years experience in the production of drawings for either structural or infrastructure projects
- knowledge of steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing with the ability to produce structural drawings and reinforcement schedules from engineers calculations and sketches (structural technicians).
- Knowledge of highways and drainage design with the ability to produce detailed drainage and highway drawings from engineers calculations and sketches (infrastructure technicians).
- Liaison with both design and construction team and answering/resolving construction drawing and project enquiries.
- Undertaking site visits to verify construction complies with construction drawings, specifications and good working practice.
- The fundamental principles of structural design and/or infrastructure design.
- The use of Revit Structure, Architecture or other BIM compliant software would be an advantage.
We offer an excellent working environment, employment package and salary. Our modern, spacious offices are both located next to main road transport hubs with railway stations nearby. The surrounding areas offer a good choice of housing and schools. Both the Shropshire and Lancashire areas offer excellent lifestyles including entertainment, sports and outdoor activities such as cycling and hillwalking. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers undertaking a wide range of development work as well as liaising with other offices. We provide; * Excellent salary * Employee pension scheme * Life Insurance * Employee Bonus scheme